Create a healthy summer salad with these vibrant ingredients.
The ingredient of Curried crab and watermelon salad
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, grated
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons good-quality curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1/2 cup (150g) good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 cup (220g) fresh crabmeat (see note)
- 4 x 3cm-thick slices seedless watermelon
- Mustard cress (see note), to serve
- Pappadams, to serve
The instruction how to make Curried crab and watermelon salad
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add apple, onion and 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion and apple soften. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Cool slightly. Puree in a small processor or blender with herbs and mayonnaise until smooth. Mix with crab, then season to taste. Chill.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon curry powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using a 7cm scone cutter, cut a round from 1 melon slice. With cutter in place, transfer watermelon to a serving plate. Fill with crab, then remove cutter. Repeat with remaining melon and crab. Top each with cress, drizzle plates with reserved curry mixture and serve with pappadams.
Nutritions of Curried crab and watermelon saladcalories: 419.684 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 55 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 502.8 milligrams sodium