Easy and tasty, these California rolls are also a FODMAP friendly recipe for a Low FODMAP diet.
The ingredient of California rolls
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1/4 cup sushi seasoning (see note)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 3 nori sheets
- 1 small avocado, peeled, cut into strips
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into strips
- 170g can crab meat, drained
The instruction how to make California rolls
- Rinse and drain rice 3 times or until water runs clear. Place rice in a strainer. Drain for 10 minutes.
- Place rice and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until rice has absorbed water. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large ceramic dish. Stir rice with a plastic spatula to break up lumps. Gradually add seasoning while lifting and turning rice until rice is almost cold.
- Combine mayonnaise and wasabi in a bowl.
- Place 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, on sushi mat. Using damp fingers, spread 1/2 cup rice over nori, leaving a 2cm strip at 1 short end. Spread 3 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture across centre of rice. Arrange 1/3 avocado, capsicum and crab over rice. Using sushi mat, roll up firmly to form a roll. Cut roll into 4 slices. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 12 pieces.
Nutritions of California rollscalories: 233.264 calories
calories: 8.1 grams fat
calories: 1.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 33.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 15 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 296 milligrams sodium