Planning seafood for Christmas? Then get things started with this prawn dish, which is both gorgeous and is easy to make.
The ingredient of Seafood salad with horseradish aioli
- 2 small lemons, cut in half crossways
- 600g medium cooked prawns
- 1/2 bunch watercress, leaves picked, washed, dried
- 1/2 medium (about 600g) cooked lobster, meat removed, coarsely chopped
- 300g fresh shredded crab meat
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon horseradish cream
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) peanut oil
- 11/2 tablespoons warm water
- Pinch of salt
The instruction how to make Seafood salad with horseradish aioli
- Wrap a piece of muslin around each lemon half and knot ends to secure (this will catch the lemon pips when squeezed).
- Remove the heads and tails from the prawns, reserving 4 prawns with tails attached to garnish. Shell and devein.
- To make aioli, place egg yolks, vinegar, horseradish and garlic in bowl of a food processor or blender. With motor running, gradually add oil in a thin steady stream, occasionally stopping to scrape down side of bowl or blender, until mixture is thick and pale. Add the water and process until combined. Taste and season with salt.
- Divide watercress among 4 serving glasses. Combine prawns, lobster, crab and dill in a bowl. Divide among serving glasses. Garnish with reserved prawns.
- Drizzle salads with horseradish aioli. Serve immediately with lemon halves.
Nutritions of Seafood salad with horseradish aiolicalories: 474.415 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 44 grams protein
calories: 1094.23 milligrams sodium