A tasty and hearty seafood and potato salad which would do well as an accompaniment or a main.
The ingredient of Crab, mussels and potato salad with preserved lemon
- 1kg Nicola or kipfler potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- 2kg pot-ready black mussels (see note)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red eschalot, very thinly sliced
- Chopped segments of 2 lemons
- 1 wedge preserved lemon, flesh discarded, finely chopped
- 1 birds-eye chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 300g blue swimmer or spanner crab meat, picked through
- Butter-leaf lettuce, to serve
The instruction how to make Crab, mussels and potato salad with preserved lemon
- Place potatoes, a pinch of salt and garlic in a saucepan, cover with cold water and cook over medium heat until tender, then drain. Discard garlic. Cool potatoes slightly, then peel and chop.
- Meanwhile, place mussels in a saucepan and steam, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally until mussels open. Cool slightly, then remove mussels from their shells.
- Combine oil, eschalot, lemon segments, preserved lemon and chilli in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add warm potatoes and mussels and toss gently. Layer potato salad, watercress, coriander and crab meat into butter-leaf lettuce cups.
Nutritions of Crab, mussels and potato salad with preserved lemoncalories: 338.663 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 24 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 25 grams protein
calories: 600.29 milligrams sodium