Impress your guests with the fresh flavours of this gourmet crab starter from Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Cucumber wrapped king crab with avocado emulsion
- 1 firm ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 Antarctic king crab halves, from the deli
- 1 large Continental cucumber, ends trimmed
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced into rounds, and then into julienne
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Cucumber wrapped king crab with avocado emulsion
- To prepare the avocado emulsion: In a food processor, combine the avocado, lime zest, juice and paprika. Blend for about 2 minutes, stopping the machine and scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally, or until very smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the avocado mixture to a small bowl and press a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the emulsion. Refrigerate until ready to serve or for up to 8 hours.
- To assemble the crab rolls: Use a clean pair of rubber gloves. Break the crab legs at the joints then, using kitchen shears, cut down the length of the shells to crack open the legs. Remove the meat in large pieces from the legs and discard the shells. Cut the leg meat pieces if large crosswise into 2.5-cm pieces. Remove the meat from the knuckle portion of the crab legs in large chunks.
- Run a vegetable peeler down the length of one side of the cucumber to cut about 6 long thin wide slabs of cucumber (discard the first couple of thin cucumber strips). Once you reach the seeded core, turn the cucumber over and peel the opposite side to avoid slabs with seeds and cut 12 slabs total. Cut each cucumber slab crosswise in half.
- Lay 6 cucumber slabs in a single layer over a work surface. Place 1 piece of crab or a small bundle on one end of each cucumber slab, then place a pinch of radishes on top of the crab. Roll up the cucumber slabs completely, enclosing the crab and radishes and forming small rolls.
- To serve: Arrange the rolls on a platter. Spoon a small dollop of the avocado emulsion on top of each roll. Garnish with the coriander. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Cucumber wrapped king crab with avocado emulsioncalories: 86.996 calories
calories: 5.9 grams fat
calories: 0.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6.6 grams protein
calories: 30 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 86 milligrams sodium