"This is best with really fresh seafood — you know its good when it smells like the ocean! Serve as a starter or increase the quantities to feed a crowd." - Justine Schofield
The ingredient of Seafood platter with olive sauce vierge
- 1 (about 1kg) live mud crab
- 12 large green prawns, halved lengthways, deveined
- 12 fresh scallops on the half shell
- 12 fresh mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 6 freshly shucked oysters
- Crusty bread, to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted, crushed
- 1 French shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, very thinly sliced
- 2 long fresh green chillies, finely chopped
- 100g green olives, pitted, finely chopped
- 185ml (3/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh chervil, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh continental parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
The instruction how to make Seafood platter with olive sauce vierge
- For the sauce, heat coriander, shallot, garlic, chilli, olives and oil in a small saucepan over very low heat for 15 minutes or until just warm. Stir in the chervil, tarragon, parsley and juice. Season. Set aside.
- Place crab in the freezer for 1 hour to put to sleep. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add crab. Cook for 20 minutes or until crab changes colour. Cool in iced water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Remove the top shell from the crab and discard. Discard the gills and entrails from the body. Break off the claws. Use a large sharp knife or cleaver to cut the body into 4 pieces. Set aside with the claws.
- Preheat a barbecue flat plate on medium-high. Place prawns, scallops and mussels in a bowl. Add a little sauce vierge and toss to coat. Add the mussels to the barbecue. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add prawns and scallops to barbecue. Cook for 1 minute each side or until just cooked through, adding oysters in their shells for the last 30 seconds of cooking time. Transfer seafood to a large platter.
- Discard any unopened mussels. Add the crab claws and pieces to the platter. Drizzle seafood with more sauce vierge and serve with crusty bread and the remaining sauce vierge on the side.
Nutritions of Seafood platter with olive sauce viergecalories: