Start your Vietnamese feast with these crunchy spring rolls.
The ingredient of Crispy Vietnamese spring rolls
- 50g bean thread vermicelli noodles
- 350g pork mince
- 170g can crab meat, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 12 round rice paper wrappers
- 1 eggwhite
- Peanut oil, for cooking
- Iceberg lettuce, to serve
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Crispy Vietnamese spring rolls
- Place noodles into a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes. Drain. Roughly chop.
- Combine noodles, mince, crab, garlic, onions and fish sauce in a bowl. Mix well.
- Line a tray with a damp tea towel. Combine warm water and sugar in a round shallow dish. Soak 1 rice paper wrapper in water mixture for 5 seconds or until just softening. Place onto a tea towel. Place 2 tablespoonfuls of mince mixture along edge of wrapper closest to you. Fold in sides. Roll up to enclose filling. Brush edge with eggwhite. Press to seal. Place onto tray. Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers, mince mixture and eggwhite.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Pour oil into a wok to half-fill it. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Cook spring rolls, in batches, for 5 minutes or until light golden. Remove to a wire rack. Keep warm in oven.
- Serve with lettuce, mint and sweet chilli.
Nutritions of Crispy Vietnamese spring rollscalories: