This magnificent cold seafood platter recipe is brought to you by taste.com.au and Houghton Wine. Pair this dish with Houghton White Classic.
The ingredient of Cold seafood platter
- 1 cooked lobster
- 2 cooked blue swimmer crabs
- 4 cooked Moreton bay bugs, halved and cleaned
- 1kg cooked medium king prawns
- 24 Sydney rock oysters
- 200g smoked salmon slices
- 400g cooked pickled or marinated octopus
- 2 long green chillies, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated palm sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise or plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
The instruction how to make Cold seafood platter
- Place lobster upside down on a board. With kitchen scissors or sharp knife, cut lengthways through the underside of the tail. Clean lobster halves; rinse lightly. Remove meat and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Lift tail flap of each crab, then lift off back shells. Clean crabs, removing and discarding gills and liver; rinse lightly. Cut crabs into portions (Provide guests with crab crackers to crack claws).
- Cover a large platter with ice. Arrange lobster, crab, bugs, prawns, oysters and salmon on platter. Place octopus in a small bowl and add to platter.
- Place chilli, garlic, onion, fish sauce, sugar, coriander and half the juice in a food processor. Process until almost smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Place mayonnaise, dill, rind and remaining juice in a serving bowl. Stir to combine. Serve sauces with seafood.
- Pair this dish with Houghton White Classic.
Nutritions of Cold seafood plattercalories: