Enjoy this wonderful Asian dish that delivers flavour and freshness with a light touch that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished.
The ingredient of Floating market fish soup
- 600g white fish fillets (such as blue-eye or snapper)
- 100g bean thread vermicelli (glass noodles)
- 2 lemongrass stems
- 1.2 litres Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 eschalots, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamarind puree (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 100g bean sprouts
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Small handful of Thai basil (or mint: see Notes)
- Small handful fresh coriander
- 1 lime, quartered
The instruction how to make Floating market fish soup
- Cut the fish into bite-sized chunks and toss with salt and pepper. Put noodles in a bowl, pour over boiling water to cover and leave for 4 minutes, then drain.
- Trim lemongrass to inner, tender white part and finely slice. Put stock, eschalot, chilli, tamarind and lemongrass in a pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in fish, fish sauce and sugar. Simmer over medium-high heat, covered, for 5 minutes. Add sprouts, noodles and tomatoes. Simmer for 1 minute or until hot.
- Divide among warm bowls. Scatter with herbs and serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Floating market fish soupcalories: 281.542 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 33 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 2311.16 milligrams sodium